Ravensbourne Employment Application Form
PLEASE INDICATE YOUR ACCEPTANCE BY PRESSING THE 'ACCEPT POLICY' BUTTON AT THE BASE OF THIS PAGE
Data Protection Act
Ravensbourne will hold and process all the above data in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The information you will provide is “sensitive personal data” and requires your explicit consent before the institution can process it.
We ask you to agree to this information being kept for equal opportunities monitoring purposes for recruitment and if your application is successful, during employment (this information will be retained on your personnel file). Application forms of unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed / deleted from the system 6 months after the closing date for the job.
Equal Opportunities Monitoring
Ravensbourne is committed to equal opportunities. Our policy is to appoint the best candidate for any post irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, race, disability, religion, sexual orientation, marital status or age.
To find out if our policies are working we need to know some details about those who apply to join the institution. The information you give is confidential and enables us to ensure that there is no unfair discrimination or adverse impact on any group at any stage.
This part is separated from your application form on receipt and will not be seen by those involved in the selection process. It will be used for statistical purposes only and will not be reproduced in a way that enables you to be identified. However, if you are appointed, the information that you provide will be recorded and stored on manual and / or computerised files.
Obligations of the Applicant
- To provide applicant information which is in all respects true and is not, in any respect, misleading, deceptive or inaccurate or likely to mislead or deceive;
- To explicitly give consent for the processing of all personal sensitive data. Your personal data is only available to HR staff and any statistical data is de-personalised before it becomes available for other staff to view;
- To request removal of applicant information from the eRecruitment system if the applicant ever becomes unavailable for employment or for other reasons wishes to be excluded from the system;
- Not to provide information or perform or cause to perform any act or action which will, or be likely to, cause the service and or services operated and provided by the eRecruitment system disrepair, damage, failure or fall into disrepute.
Acknowledgements, Warranties and Representations
- The applicant takes responsibility for the accuracy or otherwise of the data he/she supplies;
- No proprietary right accrues to the applicant in any software, information, material or methods supplied by the eRecruitment system;
- The applicant has not relied upon any warranty representation or assurance which may have been given by the institution as to the success of the eRecruitment system;
Variation of Terms
This policy is based on current law and generally accepted principles of good practice in the arrears covered. In the event that there is a change in the law or good practice generally, we may need to revise this policy. If we change the policy, we will send you notice of the revised policy which will then apply to any application received from you after that date.